
Sue asked me if I pampered myself during my two week hiatus of being a mom. I mostly studied. Getting six credits accomplished in two weeks leaves little time to do much else. I did eat out a lot, and watched this great movie while working on my final project! This was Cary Grant's last movie and it is wonderful. I keep thinking it would make a great re-make, but then again I'm not sure it would remain as "family-friendly" as the original movie. The couple doesn't even kiss until the final scenes--so I am sure Hollywood could change the dynamics of the film. But in a perfect world, I would love to see this remade with Harrison Ford in the Carey Grant role, Amy Adams as the lead female, and I really can't decide who should play the Olympian. Anyone have any suggestion? How can we pitch this idea to the right producer?
8 comments:
I've never seen this show before! I'm going to have to make a little trip to the video store!
Abby, I got it from Netflix.
Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend :)
I haven't seen it either. Looks like one I would love.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I'm so glad you discovered it. I've loved it for years. My husband and I got together for deciding who could take Jim Hutton's character. So we decided that since you had picked two Americans, he should be British. So we decided on Ioan Gruffudd. (Of Hornblower, Amazing Grace, and Fantastic Four fame.) It would be fun to see him in a comedy, anyway. By the way, you HAVE seen Amazing Grace, haven't you?
Sara Lyn, I have seen Amazing Grace. I cried and cried--what an amazing man!
Glad you've seen Amazing Grace. I cried and cried too. Morgan and I have been discussion. We both would like to see Michael Caine in Cary Grant's role if Harrison Ford isn't free. :)
Sarah, I love the idea of Michael Caine in the role! His humor would add a lot to this remake--good job casting.
Post a Comment