Monday, October 20, 2008

Estimation & A Give Away


100th Post Estimation Game
How many M&M's are there?

OK, so my 100th post is only days away. So let's celebrate with a giveaway, but you have you estimate to win. There is only one canning jar of M&M's--I just took two pictures.

Rules:
1. Leave a comment with your estimation (not guess)
2. The closest estimation wins (over or under this is not Price is Right)
3. If there are more than one winner, I will put names in a hat and choose the winner.
4. If you win and are local, you also get the M&M's

Prize: One of these nine classic movies.

What better way to celebrate but with an estimation game and a little romance. Please include your choice of movies in your guess!


20 comments:

dede said...

my estimation is...

100 peanut m&m's!!

and congratulations on your 100th post- my friend suzy (check out her blog, you would like it and she would LOVE to have you there
http://quackshack.blogspot.com/) did a fun 100th post give away too!

My movie of choice would be...
Mansfield Park (I love BBC movies and own many of them, but I haven't seen this one yet!)

Thanks for the link to my story game, that was thoughtful of you!

tammy said...

Hmmm....I'm tempted to go dump my M&M's in a jar and count, but that would be cheating. I'm gonna guess 100 since it's your 100th post!

tammy said...

Oh dang! Dede typed faster than me. Maye mine 101 then!

cornnut32 said...

i'm going to estimate waaay more...i say it's closer to 890.

so there you go.

my movie of choice: persuasion. or maybe pride and prejudice. no. persuasion.

okay. i'm persuaded. (haha!) persuasion.

Colene said...

My estimate is 218. Jordan's is 268. And that's how it's done!

heather said...

Really? For an Austen movie! I'm half tempted to drive my little old self to the store right now to invest in a jar and bag of M&Ms -but that might be a little too close to cheating, huh! So I'm gonna estimate 301, and I hope no one else has, I promise I haven't read the other comments yet. I promise. And minus the P&P -I'd love to have any of the other ones. :) This is the best give a way EVER!

Tricia said...

Hmmm..I'm going to guess 155. :) Congratulations of your 100 post! I love reading your blog and keeping up with the family!

Pancake said...

Congrats on your 100! I guess 259

Anonymous said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!

I love Elizabeth Gaskell, and I'm so glad she's coming out of obscurity. Have you ever read/seen "Wives and Daughters"? Of course you have, since you have the collection! But I have been trying to get my hands on "Cranford" for a long time, so I better win!

My guess was intricately calculated to be: 317.

And thanks, Dede, for the plug! Kaylynn actually found me on my 100th post!

Kaylynn said...

I love Elizabeth Gaskell--I own North and South and Wives and Daughters, but not Cranford. I've read Wives and Daughters--I even have a really cool old tiny book of it that I bought at a used book store. Thanks for entering!

Elisa said...

I think its important to know if its peanut m&m's or regular M&M's... I would estimate different for each one.

Peanut = 288
Regular = 347

And, I have no idea on those movies-- I have never seen any of them.

I just passed 1,000-- I was going to do a giveaway, but then I saw what everyone else was doing for their giveaways (ipods?? seriously?) so I skipped it.

Congrats on the 100th post! It's all down hill from here! :op

Martha Lee said...

Here is one from you math sister, however I am very bad at esimation, I am not at stats person.
My "estimite" is 342.

My choice of moive is
Craford or Northanger
Supprise me if I win.

Love you,
Martha

Jo said...

Ooo- how fun!
I estimate 365.
I won't bother picking a movie, since I never win these things. I just love guessing :)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo. fun, fun. I guess 238. Just send them to me right now. I'm hungry anyways!

Congrats on 100~!

Chris said...

I would like to guess 198, and if it so happens that I win, I would like you to send me either Cranford or Northanger Abbey. Thank you.

annie said...

Hey, I just found your link on Marci's blog. My guess is 269. Pride and Prejudice would be my pick.

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

My estimation is 310!
Love,
Rita

LLMI Hollist said...

I think I will go the biggest (since I am your biggest brother.) and say 520. I might have overestamed how many can fit on each layer.

100 post realy, I thought it was no more 65, you are looking good for 100 posts.

Big larry

yankeesgal said...

Great idea! I'll say 346 and I'd very much like the Elizabeth Gaskell dvd, thanks.

I hope everything's going well with you guys.

Marci Ward said...

I'm going to go with 900 and P & P would be my choice.