Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Winner Is........



Not the Star Wars Family. We went to Trunk r Treat last night, and the Grease themed family beat us out. Their costumes were great, and they looked awesome, but really is Grease really better than Star Wars?


Leia and Padme (my niece)

Luke, Ben(my nephew), Anakin

Han Solo and Leia

The family!

The real winner of the giveaway: A Goddess in Progress! She guessed 301, and there were 297 M&M's in the jar. Send me your address at kaylynntjedotgmail, and I will send you an Austin movie. Please don't demand a recount because I already counted them twice. As for the M&M jar, I'm tempted to keep it myself, but I thought I could deliver it to Annie. She voted the 268 and was the closest "local" voter. My favorite part is when my sister estimated a number, and requested a movie. Then a few days later her husband estimated a number, and requested the same movie. Isn't that so sweet! Don't worry Martha, I believe you have a birthday coming up, and I can send you either Cranford or Northanger Abbey. Did anyone notice that Pam from The Office wanted to watch Cranford with Jim, but he refused. On the other hand, my husband would much rather watch Cranford than West Wing, and we already watch Battlestar Galactica together.

10 comments:

Elisa said...

bummer!

Who were the greasers??

Kaylynn said...

The Zeiters/Gilbertson family. They looked so cute. Dan and Owen had their jackets and jeans, and the girls were the pink ladies.

LLMI Hollist said...

Isaak won the best super hero at our building's (three wards from two stakes) trunk or treat.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a birthday coming up, too...in, like, nine months. If I can get my husband to make a comment on your blog, does that mean I can get a copy of Cranford, too?

And I think Star Wars rocks. You'll find out why I think so very soon.

heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I am so excited I can'e believe I won! And I was off by four?? Wow!! YAY! I am so emailing you NOW.

OH AND cute family themed costumes! I want to see the "winning" family because I don't know if I buying it. How could anyone have done better with Grease costumes? Unless they were singing, were they singing??

annie said...

Yea! My growing belly will thank you, and it's about time you drop by for a visit. Great costumes. George is going to be Luke, I'm thinking I should round up a Darth Vader get-up for Jeff.

Kaylynn said...

Sue, you have to be blood related to me in order to get Cranford. I still don't have it!

heather said...

Thank you thank you thank you thank you

tammy said...

I think your family should've won. Those are great costumes!

Yes, Luvpilot is a pilot. And I'm just hoping his pants didn't shrink! He does have four other pair, but still. We have the best dry cleaner that only charges $1.95 per item! Love that! And it's right across the street from my house, so bonus. But really it is his fault for putting them in the laundry basket, right?

heather said...

my new rule is no blogging after and before eight. :)
i get more done this way.