Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Work!

Back in the saddle again, and it feels good! It was wonderful to go back to school and work yesterday. I only felt the smallest amount of guilt. Now this wasn't the healthy kind of guilt-- it was the kind of guilt that makes you wake up at 5am to make homemade cinnamon rolls. They were delicious by the way.

I dropped the kids off at their babysitters, and then I was off to take my class, and teach two classes. What fun! The first day of class is always so easy: here's the syllabus----blah, blah, blah. It was fun to see old friends, and I am so excited to use my mind again!

This semester I am taking Reading Methods, a class that teaches the teacher how to teach the child to read. I am also teaching two sections of Microsoft Office Suite. I had a great day, but came home exhausted. Perhaps it was waking up at 5am for the cinnamon rolls, but teaching does seem to a lot of energy.

3 comments:

heather said...

Have a good year! And enjoy the reading methods class. That was one of my favorites.

shannon said...

I'm still back at the cinnamon roll part!

Pancake said...

Sounds like you are off to a great year!