"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."
Will I miss the piles and piles of laundry? Will I miss them profoundly? So today, I am going to try and enjoy laundry, so that some day I can miss it profoundly.
I'll keep everyone posted!
10 comments:
I'm not sure that I will miss the fingerprints...but there are many other things that I WILL miss--
I've been feeling very sentimental lately!
Happy laundry day! :)
you will NOT miss the laundry!! I heard a wise mom once say, as you fold it, think of the good things that child brings into your life.
My conversation story, I never have posted that. I guess I should. This weekend is crazy, maybe next Sunday?
What you will miss-is snuggling up with them and reading a book. I think I miss that most of all!
i was staring at 2 paskets of unfolded laundry as i read your post. I am just getting into the 'fingerprints on everything' stage. I think I would miss it when it is gone. It's a good thing she is almost 2. I have many years ahead of fingerprint mayhem. :) good luck on laundry day!
We should declare a holiday FROM laundry, not FOR laundry! We could have a parade, and crown a Laundry Queen, and attach all our orphaned socks to the back of the float...
Sigh.
Good question.
Maybe I'll change my attitude about doing laundry. :)
and maybe not. :p
It's a sweet sentiment and a good reminder to enjoy the kids when they're little. But I have a feeling I'll miss the kids much more than I'll miss all the extra laundry and the messess. Just a hunch.
Does this mean you'll come over to my place and do laundry too?
I've got at least three loads of laundry waiting for me. But blogging is so much more fun!
I once tried to make laundry into a hobby. That way I could look forward to doing it every day - and even try to squeeze a little into my spare minutes. I even tried thinking of it as a "break" from my other work. It didn't exactly work, but I still laugh about it whenever I do laundry, which is better than complaining!
I don't think the laundry will really go away. It will come back from college on the weekends.
You do bring up a good point.
Post a Comment