I don't think I'll miss laundry, or picking up the same toys over and over again, but these are things I will miss:
Gypsy Girl dancing all day long. She loves to dance in front of the oven, such an odd spot, but she can see her reflection. So she will stand in front of the oven and say, "Dancing, dancing, dancing." She found a great dancing spot at the library, so she had the entire padded floor to dance. She is becoming really good, I can't do half of the moves that she does! I'll miss seeing her learn to do things. This week she learned how to climb up steps without holding on. She got so excited, that she had to do it over and over again.
I will miss sledding and playing in the snow with my kids. Hopefully, we have many more years of that activity. But I do know, that I only have a few more years, at most, of snuggling while we read. I don't think my oldest will let me snuggle with him when he's eight, and he's almost six. So I will miss that.
I will miss dropping my kids off at school, and rolling down the window to yell, "I love you!" You can see Luke's backpack disappearing into the school. I hope that when I finish my degree, we can go to the same school, so I won't be dropping them off any more.
I will miss watching Anakin learn new things, and his determination. He only fell once at his last skating lesson! He has learned how to swim underwater, and has enjoyed every minute of visiting Daddy at the hotel and swimming in the pool. We went again on Wednesday, but drove home the same day.
There are so many things that I will miss, so hopefully when I look back on this time, I won't remember the mess, I will remember the sweet moments of having three young children!

6 comments:
I hear you! I do have good news for you though- my eight year old boy still lets me snuggle him, just not every day. He has to be in the 'mood' which means tired. I've been feeling that same nostalgia for the small moments lately too.
What a great post!!
My DS loves to watch himself in the oven as well..LOL!
AMEN!
You and I are on the same wave length!--Loved this post!
Love this post so much.
I miss it already. I miss them all wanting to be with just me... not their stupid friends. I miss them all being little-- and around-- and not opinionated.
Good post!
Post a Comment