Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mommy-Me Time

The boys and I have been having a great time with mommy-me time. In the past, we have waited until Mike is home, but this week I got a baby-sitter for the other two kids . . . then we were off.

Anakin wanted to go to the park. So we took the scooter and walked down to the park. We ran and ran around. He loved having me at his beck and call. "Mommy, come this way, Mommy go that way! We pretended the wood chips were lava, and played and played. Then we walked home. My favorite part--leaving--

"Anakin, are you ready for mommy-me time?" I ask.

"Oh YEAH!", he replies.

Then the next day, same babysitter, but different child. Luke and I went to Target, where he got to pick out a new Lego set--we then put it together. Again, the excitement of actually spending time together---

"OH YEAH!"

2 comments:

heather said...

What a great idea, having individual time with each kid. :)

shannon said...

I've been trying to spend one on one time with each of my kids as well...I really feel like it brings us closer...