"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
I never really understood the scripture, I believe it, but don't fully comprehend it. How could the Savior's burden be easy and light? I may have received a little glimpse of what is meant when my oldest son and I both got sunburns.
We went swimming on a cloudy day, so I failed to put sunscreen on everyone. I ended up putting it on half way through our little beach day. Little Gypsy Girl just got browner, my middle son never got out of the water, so no sunburn, but my oldest son and I both got a sunburn. Mine was much worse than Luke's, but now onto the the parable.
That night, I put on a movie and started the sunburn treatments. Motrin for pain, and then wet, cold cloths on the sunburn. As soon as the cloths would get hot, I would change them. During this entire time, my sunburn did not even hurt. As my son came to me with his burden, I was able to give him rest. My burden was light.
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
4 comments:
Ouch! Sorry for the sunburns but you certainly found the silver lining in the whole experience. Hope you heal quickly!
Ouch! How neat that you could find understanding in that scripture from your sunburn.
What a great analogy!!! I hope everyone is feeling better!!!
Great analogy! Thanks for the uplifting thought for me this morning.
Post a Comment