Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sacrament Meeting--this time

I thought I would share the latest Sacrament Meeting story. It's nothing like the one that Elder Oaks told in conference in 1997, but it's pleasant to me. Mike was asked to pass the sacrament. Our Ward is low in Young Men, and the older boys were on a High Adventure, so he dutifully passes the sacrament. Everything is going smoothly. Gypsy Girl is a joy to watch at the beginning of church. She gets out the songbook, sings right along, prays right along with everyone (even during the sacrament prayers). We were all doing fine until Daddy walks right in front of us--Gyspy Girl sees him, walks by Luke, and is in the aisle chasing down her dad! Luckily, I saw her escape. Luckily, I caught her! Luckily, I had some milk. She whimpered a bit, but enjoyed her milk during the rest of the sacrament.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Whew! Crisis averted! One can never be sure what a small child will do in Church.

dede said...

that is the very reason I always sit on the end of the bench!

Thanks for the tomatillo idea!!

Kaylynn said...

Mike was sitting on the end. . . until he got up to pass the sacrament, but hey it all worked out in the end!

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

That is a neat story on so many levels!!