Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've never had dejavu, but sometimes I am taken back in time!

Luke and Gypsy Girl July 2007

Today, Gypsy Girl is 18 months! It is hard to imagine 18 months ago we welcomed our little girl into our lives. On New Years Day, she woke up in the middle of the night, and as the clock past the midnight mark, I thought there was no better way to welcome the new year, than to be snuggling my little girl. That moment, although small, makes time fly. Because I think the more we try to slow things down and enjoy the moments, those moments, the faster time goes. Yet, those moments can come back to us, in a blink of an eye, perhaps teaching us in a small way, that time has no meaning.

As we were traveling back from Nauvoo, our car was packed. Mike and my dad had the captain's chairs, my mom and I had the middle bench, and then the three kids were completely squashed on the back row. Luke had the worst seat. He sat at an angle being squished by GG girl's huge carseat. Yet he did not complain. After we dropped my parents off, he came on the bench with me, and we snuggled. It was then that a bit of eternity happened. I remembered the first moment we snuggled together in our little home. The memory of that moment flooded my mind and the feelings of love filled my heart. Time at that moment had no meaning. While I was snuggling my almost 6 year old, it felt the same as when I snuggled my newborn.

7 comments:

Pancake said...

What a sweet memory! They just grow up too quick!

Ddi you post pictures of Nauvoo?

Kaylynn said...

Pam, I posted some of the cabins we stayed in, but my camera is having battery issues. My dad took a bunch, but he never gives me the digital images, only hard copies.

Erin said...

I love the little hand on his cheek. It's so sweet!

chelle said...

What a wonderful memory. I just love baby, kids, teens. You have such fun ahead, but it is important to look back and remember. m

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

Treasure those beautiful memories!! They are what makes all the hard work worth while.

As we get older, I also treasure all the special moments with "Grandpa." He's a great snuggler!!One of these days one of us will move ahead first, and i want to treasure all I can remember until we are together again!

Abby said...

Aww...

I want one.

Jo said...

That reminds me of when my oldest turned 18 months and I was sooo excited to send her to nursery. Then I sat through RS watching my friend with her 15 month old and wishing I had just a little more time with mine.

Now you're the one one the 18 month old and I'm the one with the 15 month old. Thank you for reminding me to treasure the next few months :)