Monday, January 19, 2009

My Personal Philosophy on Chocolate Chip Cookies


I just finished watching Babette's Feast, a wonderful movie about the power of a delicious food. It started to make me think about my favorite food: chocolate chip cookies. There is nothing like the goodness of warm chocolate chip cookie that allows us to feel love and warmth.
Philosophy #1: chocolate cookies contain love and lots of it!


Anakin is making M&M cookies!


Luke reading the recipe and following it.

Philosophy #2: each type of chocolate (from semi-sweet to white) and chocolate chip (from mini's to chuncks and the m&m's inbetween) needs its very own recipe.

Philosophy #3: cookie dough is just as good as cookies, but maybe not as warm. I love cookie dough, it is so very, very tasty!


M&M cookies must be made with shortening.
Mini's must contain oatmeal and have a butter base. (It's all about texture!)
Semi-sweet has a butter base as well.
I don't have a good recipe for chocolate chip chunks. I guess I will need to start searching!

So the last time we made chocolate chip cookies, each child made a different type of recipe: yummy and a little crazy. Getting each child their own ingredients was a bit chaotic.

We froze some of the cookies and ate most of the cookies!

P.S. As I told Luke about this post, he said that when he eats a chocolate chip cookie he doesn't feel love because the last cookie he ate was cold (those frozen cookies!)

5 comments:

Pancake said...

I hope you dont tire of me saying this, BUT what a greta mom you are! Having them read, and learn math by making cookies!!!! Brilliant!

Abby said...

I agree with you. And in fact, I will probably go make some chocolate chip cookies now. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mellanee said...

The dough, the dough, I love the dough! What a cute and clever mom you are.

Cynthia said...

What cute little people, sacrificing themselves to help you out with the whole cookie baking thing (and probably getting some of the yummy dough in the process).

I made cookies today too! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Our favorites. My 'secret' ingredient is a little almond or coconut extract in the dough- about 1/2 a cap. It gives just enough of a hint of flavor that it's noticeable but not enough for people to figure out WHY they are extra good.

Cookies, however, are not on my diet and I ate 4 of them!

chelle said...

What a sweet mom you are!! m

PS
love your banner.