This was not my idea to have the boys run through the sprinkler when it is only 55 degrees outside, but they were pretty determined.
I told them they had to put on their swimsuits and test if it was warm enough. According to my 6 and 4 year old, it was warm enough.
Then they had to find the hose and sprinkler. I did not know where they were, but could have found them if I tried. I did not really try, but the boys found them. One found the sprinkler, and the other found the hose.
Beach towels were easy (I put those away last fall), but sunglasses took a little effort.
Here they are having the time of their lives. They ran through the sprinklers, then would rest on their beach towels. They pretended that they were at the beach! Luckily it did not last long because it really was not warm enough to play in the sprinklers!
The best part: we did not even need sunscreen!
Here they are having the time of their lives. They ran through the sprinklers, then would rest on their beach towels. They pretended that they were at the beach! Luckily it did not last long because it really was not warm enough to play in the sprinklers!
The best part: we did not even need sunscreen!
7 comments:
What cute photos and good for you for letting them have that fun!
So the question is: did they need a mug of hot cocoa afterward?
Annette, they needed hot chocolate and warm baths!
They are ready for summer!!! What a great mom you are to let them go for it!~
Looks like I'm not the only one desperate for summer!
That just makes me shiver all over just thinking about it...I know how it is though with kids--once they get it into their heads that they want to do something...there's no stopping them!
just the other day I tild Isaak it was too cold because it was 50 out. I have lived in CA too long.
Post a Comment