Our perception of the future is based on our past experiences, and since we tend to remember negative experiences more than positive ones it can be harder to have faith and hope in the future. We can't change the past and we can't guarantee the future but we can control the present. By creating a positive present we are laying the foundation for a better past, which in turn helps us to look forward to a better future.
Although we may not remember all the positive past experiences very well, the Holy Ghost can help us remember them when we need to. (John 14:26)
This has often happened to me, good memories come back to me to help me through a bad day or a bad experience. Those memories that are given to me through the spirit to help me an lift me up.
My goal as a mother is to pray to remember the good things that my children do, over the bad things. I hope to remember all the good that they do during the one moment of the bad things that they do! I believe it will give me more patience and love!
8 comments:
Well said, Kaylynn!
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I needed this today! ♥ Hugs :)
I'm drawing on some postive past experiences when God stepped in on our behalf to help in a current crisis. My cousin is in a coma right now following an automobile accident. He has had a blessing and has the support of family around him (not easy when you live clear up in Alaska) and we're all hoping that the Lord will come through for our family with yet another blessing.
Great thought! My memories are all characterized by sunshine or darkness. All my good memories are in my head as if the sun was shining at the time. The less happy ones, I am sure were on dark cloudy days :-) Fortunately, I remember the sunshine much more than the others.
I am not sure I even classify what children do as bad things, though. I think almost every child is trying to do the best he can. They make mistakes etc. When Jesus was missing in the Temple at age 12, his parents were frantic, but since he was sinless, we can suppose that such things are not classified as sins--it was just a little thoughtless--very different!
Wow, this is a good thing to apply with any negative things in our lives. Focus on the positive and don't let the negative bring us down or hurt us. I guess it's in reality allowing the Spirit in our lives more readily. Thanks for this sweet post.
Rita, I think it is great that good memories are light because the light can push the darkness away! Susette, I love that if we focus on the positive we allow the spirit have more influence in our lives. Cynthia, I hope that things go well with your family. Cynthia, your family impresses me--you are always helping each other!
that was beautiful - thanks!
That is beautiful Kaylynn. I think I have experienced such times when you think back like that.
I love the Holy Ghost so much.
Post a Comment