Last Thursday we had our Relief Society Dinner. It was a busy week--Mike was out of town--I was back in school--three children under the age of six. This is all normal for me, but still busy. I had signed up to bring a salad for the dinner, but forgot to buy the ingredients when I went to the store on Saturday. I'm always able to think of something with little resources.
Here is the recipe:
Go to the grocery store deli,
Ask for two lbs of the best broccoli salad ever.
Go to the kitchen at the church.
Find a bowl to put it in.
Put it in the bowl.
Put it on the table.
It worked! Until our dear counselor in Relief Society begins to rave over the broccoli salad during her talk. Not only does she want to know who brought I mean bought it, but wants the recipe.
At this point, I'm bright red, and my cover has been blown.
"Logli's Deli," I reply.
5 comments:
Yeah, I make this kind of recipe all the time too.
Too funny!
I usually make treats for my husband's primary class, and one week, i just didn't want to, so I bought snickerdoodles from walmart's bakery.
The kids raved about them and told their parents. One of the mom's called me and was upset because their kid liked my cookies better than her recipe. I told her they were just walmart bakery cookies and she felt a lot better. It was really funny! embarassing, but funny.
I really like it that others have had similar things happen to them.
the broccoli salad sounds good! :)
That was resourceful. It is called semi-homemade :-) To my surprise, most people in our part of Provo are doing that these days, and don't even feel apologetic. They will probably put it in their own dish to make it look prettier, but don't worry about it's being from scratch or not. Balancing time and money is the most exciting part of today's life!!
You are my hero! :)
This story should be the first chapter in a book called "Top Ten Way To De-stress a Mother's Life".
You Rock!
Post a Comment