Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Ladybug and the Caterpillar

Yesterday when we were at the Library for story hour, my four year old son comes up to me to show me the hat he had made. On the hat was a ladybug, a caterpillar and a rock. He told me that they were part of his story. Curious, I responded, "Tell me your story."

Once upon a time a ladybug met a butterfly. The butterfly bit him, and turned the ladybug into a rock. A caterpillar came by and said, "Tuff Rock!" Then the caterpillar turns into a yellow butterfly. Then the yellow butterfly bit the rock, and the rock turned back into a butterfly.

The End

After school, we typed up the story on the computer and added wonderful google images. He now want to sell the book. So anyone in the market for a really cool book by a four year old, please send money! He thinks he will become rich off this creation!

You can email me at kaylynntje @ gmail dot com where I will be waiting patiently for your orders: five dollars for everything, including shipping and handling! I could also email it to you for free, but don't tell my son!

9 comments:

shannon said...

How cute is that?!--

I love the creative stories that my youngest has been coming up with lately...

I've been trying to keep a written log of everything she says...I marvel at how their minds work at such a young age...

Rita (alias Grandma) said...

That e-mail did not work for me? I want a copy :-)

Pancake said...

That is darling!!

Pancake said...

you should copy the whole thing on the blog! Then he could read all the nice comments we make

Jonathan H said...

I would buy a book if it had hand-drawn pictures.

Kaylynn said...

Luke said he would draw the pictures for Anakin's story, but then Anakin didn't want to change the pictures. I suggested they split the money---mmmm I'll see what I can come up with!

Elisa said...

I agree with Pancake... put the whole thing up here and let us all praise him... it will send him over the moon!

susette said...

Will you be a dear sweetie and help me win a trip back East? go to www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and vote for Susette at All Good Things Come...

Kate said...

That is so cool. I would love to read it. Have a great week.,