For Luke's actual birthday, I made this. It is fish cakes (which he wanted in a shape of a shark) in a sea of peas with a lemon for the sun. It was fun. I was very proud of myself because I think I cooked dinner at least three times while my husband was gone. That is a miracle for me!
I am on spring break! I am still going to try to knock off a paper this week, and do all the reading for the next unit. But it is nice to be able to go running in my favorite spot! The trails that I usually run are still covered in snow, so I just ran around the lake. We had two days of rain, then it froze, so all the leaves were frozen. It was kind of cool to run on frozen leaves.
Another picture of the lake. It was wonderful!
So I'm going to try this week and help others. Usually, I am far too busy with the stress of school and family to do anything for others. Today, I'm helping my sister, and I'm making a dinner for a family of twelve. I didn't have a body that could have ten kids, but luckily I can help out a family that did. I'm going to take pictures of the amount of food I'm taking. I love this family, so even the stress is worth it!
So I'm going to try this week and help others. Usually, I am far too busy with the stress of school and family to do anything for others. Today, I'm helping my sister, and I'm making a dinner for a family of twelve. I didn't have a body that could have ten kids, but luckily I can help out a family that did. I'm going to take pictures of the amount of food I'm taking. I love this family, so even the stress is worth it!
7 comments:
I think I might be having fish for lunch!!
Enjoy your break, enjoy helping others! It really is the best isnt it!
Don't forget tha when you are playing with, bathing, feeding you children, making fish cakes, doing laundry, caring for the home,preparing a Sunday School lesson, and sustaining your husband, you are already doing WHOLE LOTS for others!!
It all counts in the idea that "as ye do it unto the least of these, yo do it unto me!!" :-)
Happy Spring Break. :) Love the Shark picture. And you're a runner? Props to you. Enjoy that. And making dinner for 12. WOW. Good luck with that!
I love spring break too! Your dinner was cute. I am lucky if I cook a real dinner 2 or 3 times a week, so props to you! especially for the big family meal you have coming up. I can't even imagine how much that family's grocery bills are!
good luck
I'm so impressed with your creative dinner! Your a good egg for doing that for him...
A family of 12?! Yowzer...what did you make for them?
Spring break, wish that was me. Enjoy every minute. You are amazing.
Post a Comment