I ate my first zucchini out of the garden, and I started to think of all the wonderful recipes I have for zucchini.
Cheesy Zucchini Lasagna
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 cups zucchini cut up
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 cups spaghetti sauce
uncooked lasagna noodles
Heat oven to 350 reserve 1/2 cup mozzerella
mix remaining cheese & zuchini
Spread 3/4 cup sauce on bottom of 9 x 13 pan
put 3 noodles
spread 1/2 of mixture
top with 3/4 cup sauce
Repeat 3 more noodles & rest of cheese mixture
then 3/4 cup sauce & noodles again
Last 3/4 cup of sauce
Cover with foil, bake 1 hour until nooldes are soft, top with remaining mozzarella.
(Cool trick: spray the inside of the foil with cooking spray which helps the noodles ect not stick!)
7 comments:
I'm excited for this! Congratulations on your first zuchini. Gardens are the best.
Thanks for the idea on what to do with the inevitable flood of zuchini! The joke around these parts is that you know someone has no friends if they have to BUY zuchini. Or there's always the fear of a 'drive by fruiting' where it gets left on your porch.
thanks! keep the recipes coming! We are already out of ideas!
Dede, I'm posting them for you!
That lasagna looks so good. I had a lasagna where the "noodles" of the lasagna were actually thinly sliced zucchini which was very good, too. So exciting to have good vegetables out of your own garden!
That sounds yummy!
Yum! Cant wait to try that!
Post a Comment